There I was, at ease , watching the Weather Channel listing all the tornado alerts in Illinois a few nights ago, and suddenly:

No lights, no TV, no electricity - nada!

A glance outside showed that the outage was widespread, so I broke out my EDC light which lit the way to my stash of lanterns, batteries, and miscellaneous lighting appliances. Dinner was nearly cooked, so I didn't get a chance to fire up my big camp stove, but we ate by subdued lantern light.

Tucked into the sack a bit early, even for me, and everything was back to normal by morning. There was no word as to the cause of the outage.

Basically, it was simply a minor inconvenience. My stash of lights was charged and ready and functioned well. DW's headlamp was not functional (low batteries) and the backup headlamp had a non-performing lithium which was a surprise, but replacement batteries were readily at hand. DW got a tour of my recharging setup so she can recharge batts when I will be away.

My stock of AAA Eneloops is a bit low, so i will be ordering....All in all, a useful inconvenience which mildly tested our preps.