Bringing this old thread to life just to keep the Tilley hats all in one place.

Just in -- TBC1 Tec-wool Ball Cap
Quote:
...FABRIC
Black - 71% wool; 18% polyester; 12% polyurethane
Leather peak ...
Dry Clean Only...

It's a typical ball cap but the material is mostly wool and it has ear flaps. I take a walk each morning with the dog and on days like we've had recently I wear a ball cap under a fleece hoodie (If it's raining, the rain coat hood is over that. The ball cap keeps the hoodie up where it belongs rather than covering my eyes. When I saw the Tilley ball cap it was instinctive and automatic. Next thing I knew Tilley had sent me an email confirming the order; they ship very fast.

Needless to say, it's on my head and very comfortable. I haven't tried the ear flaps yet, but I'm sure they work.

PS: Edit to add that I wore the Tilley ball cap on my morning walk, cold and wet from a T-storm last night. It's definitely warmer than the poly-cotton cap I have been wearing. Not as warm as one of my OR Wind Warrior (pg 1 of this thread), but warm for a ball cap. I still haven't used the ear flaps though and those may bring it closer to the OR WW beanie, but that's built for much colder climates than SOCAL.

Edited by Russ (01/24/17 02:59 PM)
Edit Reason: Added a PS