Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
I do the same, ziplock everything with the potential to leak, and double bag serious threats.

Right now my peanut butter is a little Rubbermaid container, that holds about 4 big tablespoons worth. It's probably better for the environment, but I hate the weight and bulk. Wetcanoedogs once showed us refillable tubes that he uses, but I haven't been able to find them around here yet. I've got a little 4oz SAK collapsable flask that I've considered for peanut butter, but getting the PB out of it would be a challenge so it's relegated to holding olive oil instead. wink

Every time friends and family head South of the border and ask if we'd like them to bring anything back, I ask for Justin's PB packs and SPAM singles because we can't get them here. I'm pretty sure they think I'm kidding because I've had no joy yet. frown

All this talk of peanut butter made me hungry so I did a little experiment:

I put some PB in a sandwich bag. To get the PB out I squeezed it into a corner, cut the corner off and twisted and squeezed it out like a cake frosting bag. It worked well. I did the same to some jelly, (PB without J makes for very lonely PB smile ).

If you put both sandwich bags into a thicker freezer bag you can more safely transport them and still save a lot of weight vs using the Rubbermaid container.