Earlier this year Aldi began construction on a new store on state highway 200, a few miles from us. Later other business began to construct their buildings on 200, finished their construction and opened. Aldi, however, has yet to complete the construction despite the fact they started before others did. People are wondering what's going on. Why the hold up?

There were turtles at the construction site. Pick up the turtles and move them to a safe location. That's simple, right? No, of course not. You cannot move a turtle without having more than one government agency involved. You must fill out the turtle-moving paperwork and have it filed at the appropriate government buildings before you can pick up a turtle and move it to a safe location. You also might need a person who works in turtle moving on site but I'm not certain about that. Either way (as I'm sure everyone in the United States knows) it takes more time to fill out and file the turtle-moving paperwork than it does to actually pick up a turtle and move it.

Jeanette Isabelle