Originally Posted By: clearwater
Do you have a shooting alias for CAS like clubs in the US do?
What kind of character to you portray?

We have shooting aliases in Germany. I havenīt picked one yet. A fellow shooter already called me Magic Max for my skilled hands. It was not for my gun handling though. I am an amateur illusionist a can do some tricks with a deck of cards. So the character might go the direction of a gambler.

One of my friends is a High Planes Drifter IE blackpowder, one revolver with percussion caps, balls and spare cylinder etc. Wait for the smoke to clear.

I like black powder too. However I mostly shoot it with a rifle.

Odd about the 38 special primers. That is one of the more accurate rounds here.

Itīs not as odd as it may seem. The .38 special is a popular accurate round. It may even be the most popular big bore round here. You can get an abundant, reliable and cheap supply in literally every gun store. That is why it is a poor choice for cost oriented reloading. Buying low price and low quality (small pistol) primers with bigger tolerances in height and diameter can result in unreliable ammo. The also use a multistation press and cheap brass. This may cause light primer strikes due to tolerance stacking and primers moving in the pocket.
I use decent brass and decent primers and I ream my primer pockets. That is slightly more expensive but after a couple of thousand round I still have not had a FTF with my reloads.