Originally Posted By: Bingley
Yeah, after I found out how slowly one reloads with a home setup, I did a quick calculation (how much is my time worth?) and decided just to stick with the cheaper factory ammo.

If you do not have specific goals for reloading, thatīs probably a wise decision.
I have a fine hunting rifle that produces 8" groups at 100m with both remaining factory loads. My hand loads cut that down to 1/2" groups.
For my handguns I use bullets that donīt foul my barrels. Factory loads are not available with those bullets.
.45 Colt ammo is often sold out around here. Reloading makes it possible to have a reliable ammo source.

So for those who are saying the El Padron or the Cattleman has a great trigger, just how good is it?

The Cattleman revolvers I shot had a smooth consistent pull with a little creep. The actual trigger pull varies between samples. The El Patron has a smooth pull and breaks without noticable creep. There is very little variation in the trigger pull between samples. Itīs as good as good target pistol.

I often hear that every revolver needs to be taken to a gunsmith upon purchase to smooth out the trigger. With the extra expenses and the enormous wait time, who'd even choose a revolver over a semi-auto these days? But if these revolvers are as good as semi-autos, then maybe?

The El Patron comes factory tuned. It is match ready out of the box and has a really nice checkered walnut grip for about 50€ more. There is no extra waiting time either.
The choice is not about the best gun for self defense. CAS is a shooting sport with gun technology from the late 19th century. There are even categories for muzzle loading revolvers. The rules do not allow semi-autos. Itīs a bit about nostalgia and mastering those guns. I do not claim that the choice to participate in that sport was a rational one.