I received some new equipment for a sport I sort of took up recently. I decided to give CAS a try. After some research I decided to go for a Uberti 1873 short rifle and a pair of Uberti El Patron revolvers with a 5 1/2" barrels, all in .45 Colt. The El Patron is a factory tuned Cattleman 1873 with checkered walnut grips. Both were basically dead on with my first load and produced 4" groups at 25m offhand. The triggers are light, crisp and at the same weight for both revolvers. The sight picture is excellent and easy to pick up. The hammers have small checkered areas on the spurs. The checkering is just right - enough grip for cocking and smooth enough to spare the skin. As SAA clones the handle well and fit my hands perfectly.
The short rifle has a really smooth action and had POI at POA at 50m out of the box. I was able to produce a 4 1/2" group offhand and with iron sights. Optimized loads might improve that a bit.
Overall I am happy with the new guns. Their precision should be more than adequate for the distances and target sizes at CAS.