Ok, I'll play. I'm going to assume that we're somewhere tropical, and that we're naked and afraid. LOL! No EDC stuff in our pockets, and my eye glasses got smashed on the swim into the beach.

FAK - If this sucker is well stocked it will provide a lot of options. It would be ideal if it includes penny cutters, gloves, triangular bandages, iodine, potassium permanganate and glycerine, magnifying glass, mirror, purelle/rubbing alcohol, cotton, plastic bags, safety pins, pen light, re-hydration stuff, etc....

Tent - This will provide shelter and possible resources for other projects. I'm hoping it has a decent fly that I can use for water collection, protecting the fire, etc. I can cut the floor out and use it as a tarp. The mesh windows could be made into a fishing net. I can use some of the cordage and maybe the zipper pulls to fashion a fishing rig. Lots of options and some built-in bug/little critter protection!

Knife - I'm hoping to I can use it and my brain to find a good rock to strike to make sparks, and to make things using the resources on the island, including the gobs of washed up garbage that we should find there.

The fourth one was a tough choice. I debated between the matches and the boots, and then I picked the pot. My thought is that I can use it to get a fire up off the ground, collect and boil water, for cooking, for making a sea-water still, for protecting fire embers, etc...

As a related aside, did anyone watch the Les Stroud series called "SOS Island", the Bear Grylls series called "The Island" or History Channel's "Alone"? There was the expected controversy around the authenticity of the shows, but I found them interesting to watch.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA