Quote:
You mentioned the nylon pants belt. Is the model you mentioned the same as one the BLM provides for wildland firefighters? If so, I would not recommend it. The model I am familiar with barely lasts one full fire season (gov’t low bid) and folds easily if you are slightly overweight. Another problem I have seen with them is they never stay cinched tight enough to actually work.

I've head mine for two years and it is working fine. But than again wildlife fire fighters put much more wear and tear on their equipment.

Quote:
The duty belt you mentioned, is it the same as a nylon gun belt for law enforcement? We used to call them Sam Browne belts, or just gun belts.

Same thing. Regular gun belt. Mine is exactly the same belt that the Army is using in their LCEs but black.

Quote:
You mentioned an emergency rescue harness, I think, which one are you using?

I'm using the belt you dislike (mentioned above). We can't really repell or do any crazy stunts but when stuff needs to get done you do what you got to do to get there. I will strap in when working on the balconies, roof and during fires. Together with BProof vest and drug/o2/monitor my center of gravity and balance can get little funky.

We are using the same pants you guys have but bp cuff takes one pocket and gloves take the second one. I also carry two pens, notebook and local protocols like you do. For some reason we are all about the holsters. That's were the drug box goes, radio and other junk.

Matt