Today's post has to do with "realistic" preparedness. To be prepared for REAL life inconveniences and things that do happen more frequently or more probable to happen than an earthquake or volcano ( in my area at least !)

A few weeks ago, I drove to my hometown to spend a couple of days with my mother and brothers. But things happened suddenly and I had to stay there for a few more days. I was not prepared.

Yes, I was living in a house, actually in my own room with a separate bath. Yes, food was available, and every life need is provided. But I was not prepared for NOT being back home, in my own house.

Several things needed me to be back. My daughter depended on me to take her to school daily, my stock portfolio was in a case of a roller-coaster and I needed to be there to act. I didn't have my laptop, and didn't have my password which is written in a small notebook inside my "portable-office bag".

Not only that , but if my stay gets any longer, I would not have enough "nice" clothes to meet and visit people in those circumstances (someone diagnosed with cancer, lots of visitors ..etc.).

I have stored some used "casusal" clothes in that room, but nothing for real occasions. Have stored some tools and even copies of contact numbers , but not banking and investment info.
The GHB and car trunk bag had firestarting stuff alright, but not what was necessary to attend to the portoflio mess while I was there.

Back to the drawing board. Learning from the experience and planning to become a bit more prepared next time.