Originally Posted By: tomfaranda
Well I'm certainly glad Alan won. My wife and I were rooting for him. Shows you that maturity and a sense of humor are important.

Agreed, it was not unexpected by any means but I enjoyed the show right to the end. The last four participants all demonstrated some real guts and outdoor skills. But I felt Alan was always a cut above the rest, being able to get food fairly consistently. He also had a decent shelter, not too complicated or energy consuming to make but effective enough.

I think Sam's biggest issue (apart from not finding enough to eat) was his tarp tent. Not solid enough to withstand the heavy wind and rain and built in a spot completely exposed to the elements. I can't really understand why he never bothered to improve his shelter.

Anyway, it's easy to sit back and comment on other people's actions, especially with all the bad rap associated with reality TV. But if anyone thinks that two months of "rough camping" in the woods is an easy thing to do maybe you should try it yourself one day. I find it pretty impressive that four guys out of ten lasted as long as they did, particularly given the time frame (late fall/winter).