Originally Posted By: Lono
Kelty MAP 3500 - http://www.amronintl.com/kelty-map-3500-three-day-assault-pack.html. I have 3 of them, nice bags.

Me, too. Make that me 2. I own two of 'em, one is my official deployment bag, and the other is my BOB. It's the only bag in this size/volume range that I could find that is capable of carrying a heavy load via a full-on, real-deal, internal frame suspension and hip belt that is capable of shifting the load correctly to the hips, with a full range of adjustment. I also like that it doesn't look military or "tacti-cool."

Here is an old photo of my Kelty MAP 3500 in use as my BOB. [for some reason, I can no longer access my old identity and had to create a new one]

Originally Posted By: Jeff_M
Here is my current version of a BOB/GHB:

Top row: TP, trowel, microfiber towel, hygiene kit(soap, toothbrush, paste, deodorant, scrubbie) sunblock, DEET, alcogel, notebook, pen, compass, magnifier, Mora knife, saw, bug net, siltarp kit, biohazard bag, paracord, rainsuit, mosquito head net.

Middle row: Fubar tool, hardhat, gloves, goggles, biohazard suit, SW radio, duct tape, headlight, cellphone charger, repair kit, monocular, sharpener, 2 heetsheets, FAK, bandannas.

Bottom row: Fishing kit, food gathering kit, fuel, cookset, alcohol stove, stand, lighter, p-38, utensils, Nalgene bottle, Gatoraide, MRE, ration pack (lifeboat rations, coffee, hard candy, power bars, etc.), nylon bucket, platypus Big Zip 2L.

In pack: 2 3L water bladders with inline filter and iodine solution, Blaze orange rain cover.

In car with kit: Complete change of clothes/uniforms, cheapo mummy sleeping bag, Henry Survival rifle with 250 rounds .22 Stingers and cleaning kit, pistol, various tools, flashlights, FAK, mini survival kit, extra water, etc.

Not shown: USB in match safe, maps, essential documents.

Here's what is in the food gathering kit:

Top row: Sigg Alu box

Middle row: magnifier, whistle, razor knife, Mg/flint/striker, lifeboat matches, fauxton, compass, wire saw, duct tape, aluminum foil, tinder cubes, fish/bird/animal net.

Bottom Row: Spare snare/utility wire, mini fishing kit, several Thompson snares and Speedhooks, fishing line and supplies.

Comments encouraged!