It is amazing how people destroy themselves

People who smoke or take drugs ? Yes, but there is another type that destroy themselves from within for no apprent reason.

We - me and my brothers - have noticed our father totally giving up and repeating his wish to die, only because he isn't willing to put some effort in his own healing. He doesn't tolerate any pain during the physiotherapist work on his legs. Even before his injury he wasn't willing even to take his own regular medicine (which was only 2 pills a day).

Right or wrong , we burst in anger and told him HE was pushing himself to die and that many others have had similar probklems and recovered including our mom.

He is still insisting that problem is elsewhere. He blames his sons to be negligecting him, and blames the absense of his cane for not being able to walk. We cannot convince him that depending on his cane is still dangerous when his own legs are not trained enough.

Dad's situation has taught me that believing in yourself and strenghthening your own abilities is your first step to survival. Blaming others is the first step in the opposite direction.