When Survival TV started I used to think it would be good, because at least it would teach a few basic skills, get people interested in taking real training and learning real useful survival skills hands-on. I WAS WRONG because most individuals cannot separated what is useful and what was placed into an episode purely for entertainment value. Indeed over the last 10 years it has just got worse along with the quality of Survival TV.

I get casting call e-mails a few times each year, this year they are busy looking for someone stupid enough to walk into Canada’s Wilderness Naked with only 1 Item. That’s got to be dumbest premise for a show possible, since it took Human Hunter/Gathers 1000’s of years to develop the skills to live up here and they never came into the wilderness Naked or without Clothing, Gear, Weapons, and Help from an Extended Family.

A Few years ago I wrote an Article about the subject Survival TV vs. Reality, but personally I think the situation has just gotten worse since then. With the Departure of Cody Lundin, one of the few Real Survival Instructors on TV from his show it means the Score is now TV Entertainers 8 Survival Instruction 1!
boreal.net