Prior to developing the back problems attendant to age/ accident, I was an active outdoor jogger. I was also a well experienced urban volunteer EMT, aware of the not-for-profit Medic Alert Foundation. In order to establish my identity, give my medical history and enable my family to be notified in case of my injury or death, while out jogging without ID, I ordered a Medic Alert neck medallion. Bracelets are also available.

The medallion has room for my name, home phone number, blood type,basic medical info/ allergies and religion. More importantly, each medallion contains a serial number and a toll free phone number. Hospitals and police know to call, give the serial number and receive the detailed notification and medical information you have previously registered. A life membership brings the right to free annual updates and a more detailed wallet card, which also can be updated.

I still wear mine, just in case. Usual disclaimers. I'm only a satisfied customer.

On reflection, I'm sure you could find some outit that has a thumb drive with emergency info in an armored neck or wrist medallion. Updates might be available as well.