Originally Posted By: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor
No doubt there is also a INMARSAT ping time radius line at the last known RADAR position, altitude, time and velocity of the missing airliner (A Vector quality) measured by the Malaysian air force.
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on if INMARSAT is recieving data on the same frequency. Radios only recieve what they are tuned to recieve.

There should be an easily calculable track of the missing aircraft. Finding the last vector intersection of the final position radius would indicate the last known position on that last radius. There should be a mathematically sound solution, made even easier if the Rolls Royce Data is available for the engine performance.
Easily calculable? I seriously question that. Remember, the equipment that sent and recieved the last ping was never designed for this application. The map shows a nice sharp red line. I rather suspect it should be a very wide fuzzy line. Perhaps hundreds of kilometers wide.

Again why this has taken 7 days so far? All the electronic data pertaining to the missing aircraft needs to be released publically, the solution of where the aircraft ended up would be computed within hours.
It probaby has taken several days because initially the search was focused on the planes planned course from its last known position. No doubt everyone expected it would soon be found, especially after the oil slick was spotted. It no doubt took awhile to realize that the other data was even available, and that it was even possible to use it in this way. Also, that red line(even if it is accurate) only shows where the aircraft could have been at the last ping. Where it ended up could be a good ways away.

Again it looks like the Malaysian authorities appear to be stalling for time for some reason, despite the denials.
I suspect it is rather more likely a result of incompetance, bureaucrtic turf, inertia, and inefficiency in a third world country.

Conspiracy theories are always entertaining. Up thread someone talked of "Evil Geniuses" and "Evil Morons". Applying Occam's Razor I think that simple bungling of a unfamiliar situation is the most likely case.

EDIT:
A link on the satellite pings: Investigators in Jet Search Rely on an Imperfect Tool
James Fallows on conspiricy and hidden landing strips: Malaysia 370 Update: Landing Strips, Cell Phones, and More

Edited by AKSAR (03/15/14 11:04 PM)
Edit Reason: add links