One thing about your headlamp. It will need to be attachable to your helmet, an item you will be wearing (or should be wearing) a lot...

There is a common assumption that you need lots of lumens for SAR. Well, yes and no. There are time when you want to light up the far canyon wall, so a focusable, variable output light with a turbo setting will be very nice, but more often you will use the lower settings. Helicopter pilots get grumpy when you blind them as they are settling into a hover overhead. Long run time and constant output are highly desirable. One of the days (nights, actually) you will be hiking until "rosy fingered dawn" arrives.

Actually, I remain a closet fan of the carbide lamp. Back in the 1970's, even with all their peccadilloes, they were far more reliable than any available electric headlamp. They kept your hands nice and warm when hiking along a trail, and fire starting will be trivial. I have retired mine (reluctantly) because dealing with calcium carbide has just become too much of a hassle.

One final thought. Be sure that you can switch your headlight readily from head to hand and back again. You will do this lots on a typical operation.