Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr

We stayed that night in a little RV park in Wall called Sleepy Hollow. The place had hospital-clean showers and restrooms and amiable hosts. I will admit to walking the short distance to Wall Drug for a hand-dipped hot fudge sundae.

Hahaha, just noticed that. I was born in Rapid City but grew up in and when to school in Wall. Pretty boring town when you're a kid except in the summer. When I was young Wall Drug employed about 225 part time summer workers, most of them college students...and roughly 70% of them were female! wink It was always a blast. I can't even tell you if that little camp ground is still there. I never go back to my old home town, and when I do go to Rapid or the Hills I make the gas stop in Wall as brief as I can. No knock on the town, just couldn't wait to get out and don't feel any different than I did back then.

Wall Drug is the corniest place on Earth but I have to say you don't want to miss it. Lots of neat little hole-in-the-wall shops in Wall. Yeah, hokey but neat.