Originally Posted By: spuds
Originally Posted By: ireckon
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
I have the FOX40 and I am noticing a lot of redundancy on this site. Is it a good idea to have redundant whistles?

If you mean redundancy as in multiple whistles, yes, that's a good idea. On my hiking backpacks I attached a whistle on each of the main zippers. Why not? It is light, inexpensive and serves a practical purpose.

If you want inexpensive redundancy, then I recommend these fake Fox 40 whistles that are just as loud as the real thing:
http://www.amazon.com/Price-10-Pieces-Pe...4448&sr=8-2

(Do an Internet to find an even lower price elsewhere.)
Gotta go with the advice here about quality.

I got 2 of the ACR and one the bottom fell off out of the package,so I glued it back.So much for the 'name' brand whistle

EDIT-The 10 pack of fake fox arrived,they are LOUD!Louder than the ACR IMO (ears only,no db reading). Dont have a fox to compare it to,but seems solid enough and very loud,easy to blow.I call it a winner.But Im a whistle novice so bear that in mind,just my opinion.

After playing with both and reading more,found Im not the only person thats had an ACR fail at the lanyard/bottom section just falling off.

The fox 40 knockoffs seem very nice.Recommend those highly,big bang for the buck