If she drives to work, I'd focus on outfitting her vehicle. Worst case (she left her purse and keys in the damage zone), she can bust a window to get into it.

Then she'd need to have an ignition key stashed in the car.

If she spends much time driving to and from work, odds are much higher that she'll have to deal with the car breaking down than her workplace blowing up.

Get her in the habit of keeping her fuel tank above half-full.

To protect your daughter through Massachusetts winter commutes (or a workplace evacuation), I'd have in her vehicle a fleece sleeping bag liner, down booties (and snow-worthy boots and wool socks), chemical hand and foot warmers, Smartwool or fleece neck gaiter (or balaclava), fleece hat that covers ears, WARM mittens, headlamp (+ extra batteries), cell phone charger, Bic lighter, matches, Esbitt stove (+ fuel tablets), stainless steel mug, hot cocoa or tea bags and Lipton Cup 'o Noodles soup (or whatever she prefers), and a couple bottles of water.

Also - the usual traffic safety items: reflective markers so oncoming traffic can see her if her car fails in or near the roadway. Unbeknownst to her, you might also stash some small bills in some hidden compartment in the car (I have several interior panels that easily pop off). And make sure she has roadside assistance coverage through her auto insurance or AAA or whoever.

I live in DC, and my workplace was among those hastily evacuated on 9/11. We were also affected by the anthrax attacks a few weeks later. When offices are contaminated and quarantined, anything you left behind stays there until the premises are decontaminated.

Ever since in DC, no matter where my office was, I never left my purse behind when going to meetings in or out of the building. Ever since, I've had a Petzl Zipka headlamp-wristlamp in my purse (a blessing one night when the neighborhood lost power while I was walking home from work). Nowadays, I also have a Bic lighter and a few other items in my purse.

I've long had the benefit of living within easy walking distance of the office. Having a commute of more than a few miles is a different ballgame, especially if you are reliant on mass transporation (subway or bus).

Nice that you are looking out for your daughter in this way. My dad made sure I knew how to change a tire out after I began driving, but that's it. And I lived in Oregon on Mt. Hood and drove a lot on snow-covered roads. Proving the adage: better lucky than smart.