don't worry about them but i would rather not have them around.we had one,maybe more,shelter under my canoes that are under tarps next to the house.the scat was ID'ed by the folks at the local wolf research station.we live in South Minneapolis not far from the Mississippi river and that winter had heated bird baths so they had open water to drink and the mice and such that come around the bird feeders.
we have never seen any just walking around but there are local folks who say they have seen them in the very early AM going down alleys.things are very clean around here with the "wheeley" style trash cans and none seem to tipped over like they would eat out of them.
the canoe parks up north are not coyote country as the wolf would drive them out,wolf are not a worry on canoe trips.
by the way the people who run the wolf research station have a couple wolf-dog mixes that they have been given by owners who could not keep them as the animals got older and very aggressive.
they have every type of wolf and coyote at the station in large runs that the public can view close up but the two mixes are kept by themselves and very out of the way.
here is a link to the wolf study center,my Wife and i spent a lot of time there working on our Master Naturalist certification.
http://www.wildlifesciencecenter.org/about-us/