Originally Posted By: acropolis5
Mostly Harmless: interesting replacement headband idea for the Zebra Light. A few questions come to mind. Are you using a straight or angle head light? Are you using the cord lock to form a loop to hold the light and then tie the shoelace around you head? Or is it vice-versa? What kind of knot do you use and for which purpose? What length and width lace do you use? Do you mount the light at the side of your head or in front, on your forehead? I have the straight Zebra SC51. I'd like try your method out. Thanx in advance.

Sorry for the late reply.

I have some kind of clip clamped onto the light itself. The shoe lace is held in place by that clamp. I use the cord lock to regulate the size of the loop around my neck, and if I want to use it as a headlamp I just put the loop around my head and tighten the coord loop. The only knot is a overhand knot to stop the shoe lace from sliding out of the cord lock.

Zebralight H51 are angled lights, yes, and the ligtht goes to the front of my forehead when used as a headlamp.

Note that you want a wide flooded light for a neck light or a flimsy headlamp setup (which it is). With a floody beam it really doesn't matter because you have light everywhere no matter how the light dangles around. A narrow beam will dance around in rather psychedelic patterns basically everywhere except where you need it.