Thanks everyone. Appreciate it

I did have a few drill attachments similar to these Dremel bits but larger. Not te cutting wheell though. I have used some for sanding on some projects ( uneven edges of metals that I have cut by metal snips) but the metal object ate away the sanding stones. The metal sheet worked like a knife on the stone. LOL. Maybe I did not know the best way/position to use them.

Anyway, thanks for alerting me to use full face shield. I have one in my dad's house. I am going to bring it here first time I go there. I'll use dust mask too.

Oh, one more thing related to safety.
I have storage room fitted with ceiling-high metal shelves. Their stands are 3.0 meter (10 feet) high and I want to cut them in half. All 4 walls have these shelves but 2 walls alreasy have half-height shelf racks. In the past, when I cut the shelf stand for one wall , I had to empty the shelves on that wall, disassemble the shleves , then cut the stands in half using a hacksaw, re-assemble the lower halves and fix them to the wall. Then refill the shelves with stuff. That was a lot of work.

This time I am thinking to empty the upper shelves only ( which are almost empty anyway), remove them from the stand (leave the lower shelves intact), then cut the stands with Dremel while my son - on a ladder - holds the upper half of the stand in his hand so it does not fall on me.

My concern in this case is that maybe the cutting will produce lots of sparks and an ember may form and settle in some of the material on the shelves ( pillows, nylon bags .. etc. ) and then start a fire when we are away. This is a storage room and we do not stay there much of the time.

So, do you think that Dremel-cutting the shelves is safe enough with all that stuff on the lower parts , or do we have to empty the shelves anyway ???

Thanks