Originally Posted By: BobS
What I do to build up a good supply is to buy a few extra items for storage (usually2) every time I go to the grocery store. In one-year you will literally have a ton of food stored away. And at no time did you have to make a big purchase that took lots of money.
We buy a few cases on sale,like the corn for 50 cents a can,its now 79 here ( the cheap stuff) and that was a few months ago,so we are talking a 60% increase,WOW!Storing is nice,storing sale items,that much better.

Survival also includes economic survival,so making our bucks stretch rates as a major consideration in our preps.

Food inflation is here...now,stock up if you can,its only going to cost more tomorrow.

We use this system (3 of em,one in house,2 large in pantry),you can make your own,these goofy things can hold 400-700 cans in a small footprint depending on how you configure them.And first in,first out rotation,and its easy to see in a glance what needs to be replaced,and also to see what you actually use.I found we had too many Campbells soups,and werent eating em,so started making an effort to use em up.Hard to tell that when placed on shelves it just doesnt pop out at you like on the rotation storage system.

So when we get down a few cans in a few rows its to the pantry and stock up,Pantry gets used its stock from cases or buy more,really simplifies things.Maybe this sounds like overkill to some,but I have to say,it really works.

This is what we paid.....Who knows,1500-2000 cans? Havent counted but still love the system,needed shelves either way.I felt the cost was worth it for the amt it holds in the space it takes up.They will outlast me and the Mrs.

The Harvest 51" is the perfect FRS for smaller families or those with a limited amount of storage space. This FRS system holds up to 381 cans that are automatically rotated on a first in first out basis. This means you'll never have to deal with expiration dates again! All can tracks have an adjustable width so you can store goods the way you want, and, like all Shelf Reliance Food Rotation Systems, the Harvest 51" sits flat against virtually any wall surface.

Harvest 51" $251.93

=============================

The Harvest 72" 1 $299.66

Frame Color
1 x Black Frame $0.00

Track Color
1 x Black Track $0.00

Customize Rows
1 x 5 Small Rows, 1 Medium Row add $49.99

Small 24" Black Can Track 9 units= $47.61

Small Straps (25-pack) $3.28

Top Shelf for Harvest (36" x 24") 2 units= $39.76
---------------------------------------
Subtotal $912.53
Shipping & Handling $45.63
Tax $70.75
Grand Total $1,028.91

I have no interest in company but Im a very satisfied customer.

Edited by spuds (07/26/12 08:23 PM)