I have tried a variety of Provident Pantry foods and everything was been wonderful with the exception of their freeze dried ground beef. It has a funny taste that no amount of seasoning can cover. One reviewer likened it to a dog food taste. After contacting the company I purchased it from with my concerns, at first they were eager to help but upon further correspondence back and forth they began to question my storage methods, climate of storage area and other things. Once they found out that I had purchased the hamburger meat about 2 years ago, all bets were off and they were unwilling to help me any further. This food is designed for LONG term storage but their guarantee is only for 30 days so if you don't open the cans immediately which totally defeats the purpose then they won't help you. That being said, I still recommend Provident Pantry foods.

Thrive by Shelf Reliance is also another great brand and their ground beef is delicious (no dog food taste). I won't go into a lot of detail (unless asked) since I am a dealer for Thrive.

What Mountain House foods I have tried (only the pouches) have been really good as well. I just prefer to have individual ingredients to prepare my own foods rather than the entrees but that's just me.