I received the electrolyte tablets mentioned in my earlier post in this thread. I have taken them for the last two days and have not had the leg cramps at night that I often get. It is too soon to draw a definitive conclusion, but they seem to be working for me.

These are much cheaper than sports drinks at $9.95 for 125 doses (two tablets per packet). And you can drink plain water for hydration. As a diabetic I can't drink all the sugar laden sports drinks, so this is another plus for me.

Also, they do not contain any sodium. For those of us on low sodium diets this is another advantage.

Since they are just small packets they can easily be placed in first aid kits, survival kits, and pockets.

These tablets contain:

Calcium (from calcium carbonate) 10.64 mg
Potassium (from potassium chloride) 40 mg
Magnesium (from magnesium oxide) 12 mg

The self-life is somewhat over a year. Mine expire 8/13 but I have no way of knowing how long ago these were made. I would expect these chemicals to be quite stable, so I am not sure why the shelf-life is so short. Even if you end up tossing half the box because it reached the expiration, it is still way cheaper than sports drinks.

See the Amazon link in my previous message.

The packets say Medi-Lyte on them. The box says First Aid Only on it.

I am not affiliated with the company that sells this product.