Originally Posted By: MDinana
I didn't like the LAPG 3-day bag, felt too cheap and lots of threads loose. Just seemed like you got what you paid for.

I was thinking about getting one of these for a backpack-type BOB. They are certainly inexpensive. I have a nice Deuter Futura 32 that I use for normal hiking around, so I really don't want to buy another "good" pack. Just something that will hold up well enough to make a reasonable BOB. Probably never to be used in real life - just sit in a closet loaded up with gear in case we have to leave quickly.

Do you think this LAPG bag would work for the BOB backpack purpose? I have some of LAPG branded stuff and I'm impressed with the quality. Their "Bail Out Bag" (handheld) and a MOLLE bad that they don't make anymore. I consider both of those, although inexpensive, quite heavy duty. I was hoping their 3-Day Pack would be similar. I will not be hiking day after day with this thing, even in an emergency, so I don't need the ultimate in comfort. This would be for emergency bug-out only (I might actually wear it from the house out to the truck, then throw it into the truck bed!)