I have a Camelbak Rim Runner, 2007 model that I have used since 07. Nice bag, great quality overall. I had been using it every week for dayhikes until one day someone pointed me to a sale on Kelty packs. I bought a Kelty Peregrene 1800 pack for $40 with free shipping and transfered my normal daypack items over to the Kelty, including the hydration bladder. I then took it out to one of my regular trails and did a 6 mile hike.

I was amazed at how much more comfortable the Kelty was over my Camelbak. I had no sore spots, no aches or pains and pretty much felt like I had no pack on at all. I had even added more weight to the load because of weather, I added a sweater, rain jacket and rain pants. Great pack!

I used a Kelty Tioga pack for decades, one of the original made in USA Kelty packs and loved it until my mountaineering drove me to an internal frame pack. I need to try that old Kelty frame pack out again, just to see how it feels after all these years.
Kelty has always sold quality packs, especially back when they were made in California by the original company. They always have had decent prices too.

I just bought another Kelty 1800 Cu.in. pack that is black and gray and very light weight. We are going to Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, Disneyland, Balboa Park, the USS Midway and whatever else we can fit into the itinerary. I figured a good civilian pack that was semi expendable was what I needed and this pack was right at $30, shipped.