I guess a lot depends on the specific circumstances of an actual situation as opposed to something like this that is contrived.

I suspect a canoe would make a pretty decent makeshift shelter, as would a car.

However, I don't know how well a fire is going to work to keep you warm if you are inside a car.

The wet side of it bothers me. Obviously getting dry is a priority, especially with the cold. But, there are degrees of both wet and cold. If there is no wind, the wet is far less of an issue IMO. I also think it matters just what part of you is wet. Wet extremities are far less of an issue than wet core body areas. I have had pretty much soaked pants legs from the knees down in 15-20 deg F temps and it was not much of an issue when there was no wind. A 15 MPH breeze changes that a lot. Wet feet can be very unpleasant in cold temperatures.

I think the suggestion of wringing out one's clothes to get as much water out as possible probably makes as much sense as any for a first priority.

Collecting as much firewood as you might need for the night is probably a second priority. I also agree with the poster who suggested no pile of firewood is ever enough to last the night.

I don't know what forests these guys are in, but some of the ones I have been in can get very dark very fast. It may be possible to see in a clearing with moon light or the waning sun, and often is, but how much firewood can you find in a clearing? I think you have to go collecting while you have enough light to see by.

Bob