Originally Posted By: Arney
Originally Posted By: billn
Someone recommended the THRUNITE TI 3-60. Any better than the Fenix E01?

The Thrunite uses a higher power type of LED that has a high/low capability. The low will be noticeably dimmer than the E01 and the high is way, way brighter so they aren't really comparable in light output. The low level should outlast the E01 significantly, but at only 3 lumens, I think it's too dim to be generally useful except in very dark situations.

By comparison, a Maglite Solitaire with a fresh battery puts out 2.5-3 lumens. The low range on a Maratac AAA is 1.5 lumens, and that is my preferred setting for finding my way in the dark. Just enough light to see where you're stepping and out to around 10 feet without totally killing your night vision.

Originally Posted By: Arney
In my own experience, multi-level lights are more prone to failure, especially if they ride around in your pocket every day and are exposed to dust, sweat, and getting bumped around a lot but like I said, I don't know firsthand how durable the Thrunite is.

I can't speak to the Thrunite but the Maratac has been on my keyring for 3 years now without problems. I've gone through three AAA lithium primary batteries during this time. Even the keyring attachment clip, which many cite as a potential weakness in the design, shows no sign of wear. Of course I do have a fishing swivel attached to mine so it has more freedom of movement than just attaching with a split ring.