Originally Posted By: unimogbert
My expected reason to be on foot is EMP immobilizing everything. So chemical contamination of creeks and stock ponds on my route is not going to change due to the emergency.

Well, you never know. Without electricity for pumps and other machinery, who knows what kinds of nasty industrial stuff backs up or overflows into local waterways upstream for your route? Maybe someone trying to siphon fuel without electricity has an accident that spills fuel into a storm drain? Or someone pushes a vehicle killed off by EMP off the road into a drainage ditch and it leaks fuel?

Normally, I'd say I was getting carried away with my imagination, but if we're going to go as far an envision something as dramatic and extreme as an EMP, then might as well be thorough, I say.

In other news, I'm still looking for radiation-resistant clothes that are formal enough to wear to the office everyday. whistle (Actually, I'm not making fun of the EMP scenario, just pointing out that there are other equally unlikely but nightmarish scenarios out there to contemplate, and the radiation one got a whole lot more real in a hurry.)

Edited by Arney (04/30/12 10:26 PM)