Alain,

Thanks for the informative post. Although I could scale the pouch dimensions from some of the known-size items in your images, would you mind measuring your pouch and posting the height x width x depth? SI units of measure are fine.

I do something similar to what you describe with the vast array of keys we seem to be burdened with. Keys do great damage to pockets, are heavy, and sets become bulky. Some keys can be duplicated in an aluminum alloy, but that merely addresses the weight issue.

EDC has become a journey rather than a destination for me.

After a lifetime in the military, where voluminous pockets, sundry pouches, bags, packs, etc. were the norm, I find EDC at work and around town to be perplexing. On a given day, in the space of a couple hours or so, I may find myself in randomly sequenced circumstances ranging from a suit to a muddy & busy construction site to a still-hot, filthy, dripping, stinking, dangerous, burnt up building to a normal office or meeting and other peculiar environments I choose not to describe. Nothing save what I can discreetly carry in my "core" pockets is suitable/acceptable in all of my "normal" daily environments.

A day at work has no set hours, other than the traditional core business hours, as I am on-call 24/7 for many matters that I either may not or choose not to delegate to one of my subordinates. This means that certain items that I might otherwise simply stow in my work vehicle (a sedan) must be duplicated (at my expense) in my personal vehicle (a larger, much more versitile vehicle) AND means that whenever I go somewhere in a personal vehicle, I choose to take my large vehicle instead of one of the more economical family choices in my driveway.

Extremely comfortable afield in nearly any environment or circumstance, I find the daily non-routines frustrating in terms of readiness. I carry and rely on the smallest useful PDA (Palm T), yet risk it because wrapping it in any protection vastly increases its bulk. My issued cell 'phone is a critical 24/7 item that is only turned off when I am in church, and while fairly compact as those things go, it is not a chic and sleek business executive micro 'phone. (Normally the sole item on my belt - it can go into a pocket, but it feels bulky there and interferes with reaching anything else in a pocket.)

The good thing is that I enjoy my job and the people I work with - it is very interesting and satisfying to me. But the randomly diverse environments, circumstances, and socially acceptable attire make EDC a continuous challenge. Everytime someone posts specific information, such as your post, I pick up at least one tidbit that either merits adoption to my circumstances or triggers me to think of a new or revised element to what and how I stay equipped. Urban EDC is a challenge!

Regards,

Tom