Originally Posted By: Brangdon
I don't mind the slow pace. I do mind the continual stupidity. It mostly seems to be examples of what not to do.

I am especially struck by how many of the their problems are caused, or made worse, by lack of communications. If they had walkie-talkies, Shane and Otis could have called for backup, Lori wouldn't have needed to drive into town to fetch Rick and Hershel back, and you could find out where the kids were any time by just calling them up and asking.

If the characters were as astute as most of us are, the series would be less dramatic (and have lower ratings). But I don't know that I'd be so adept at pithing people.

I would not have been waiting around near Atlanta all that time - farm or no farm. I'd have been more likely to head into the sparsely populated southwest corner of North Carolina, in the Blue Ridge Mountains (still not all that far from Atlanta). I've made a few trips there and driven all of the BRP in NC and VA - the NC and southern VA portions are not close to big cities.

There's a fun exercise as we await Season 3. Going back to the pilot episode, what would we do differently? If anyone's game, I'll study Google Map and make my game plan.

Looks like in Season 3 the primary threats will be other groups of people.

Some interesting discussion of Season 3 at this link below:

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981211742

'The Walking Dead' Season 3 Spoilers: Andrea and Michonne, Rick and Lori, and the Virus

March 23, 2012 12:50 PM EDT