Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
I just can't get into this show anymore. It's like when I get stuck behind a senior citizen at the golf course. It's slow. So slow.

Yes, I have problems with this, too. In fact, I had to surf ETS while watching the show. ;D If there is no action, then there's gotta be something like gripping psychological drama to keep the viewer's interest. But it seems that the screenwriters were too concerned about setting up the showdown between Shane and Rick (by portraying a series of conflicts leading up to Shane's murderous plan) that their characters stagnated.

Originally Posted By: Dagny
Glenn's character made it clear that he has intimacy issues... Interracial romance has not been a big deal on television for decades.

Maybe so, but the combination is unusual. When's the last time you saw romance between an Asian male and a non-Asian female portrayed on prime time TV? Interracial romance on TV has been mostly black man/white woman or white man/Asian or Latin woman. Black women and Asian men appear nowhere nearly as frequently. I'm not accusing the show of racism -- far from it! But I wonder whether the show is still trying to figure out how to portray a "non-standard" interracial romance yet, and so gives Glen an intimacy issue. This is just a guess, obviously.

Thanks for all those quotes. Did you go through all those articles yourself? Good work!