Originally Posted By: Bingley

Spoilers below:

So what's the deal? Some people are already infected while living, but they do not exhibit symptoms until they are killed by something else?

Glen needs to get it on with Maggie more often. She's your woman, so be her man! It's gotten to the point where I'm wondering whether the producers or the audience might be uncomfortable seeing regular gestures of intimacy in an interracial romance.

Poor Dale. I didn't think they'd get rid of him since he's one of the better developed characters, and he has a certain tension/relationship with two other characters.

Guess they'll get a chance to put all those guns to use, hunh?

Many fans hypothesize that the fact that everyone is already infected with the virus is what the CDC doctor whispered into Rick's ear at the end of that episode. That's got to be about 5 or 6 billion zombies roaming Earth....

Glenn/Maggie - Season Two had two different Executive Producers and only thirteen episodes to juggle a rather large cast of characters. I think those facts had more to do with diminished screen time for certain characters. Also, Glenn's character made it clear that he has intimacy issues -- Maggie having freaked him out when she said she loves him. And with the zombies residing in the barn until recently, daddy Hershel in the house and hungry zombies in the woods, there haven't been a lot of prime rendezvous locations handy. Interracial romance has not been a big deal on television for decades.