I am a bit disappointed by the recent episodes. The pace of development is jarringly uneven, and I think this is a plotting problem rather than a deliberate effect. Randall's captivity could have given an opportunity to reflect on the conflicting approaches to survival, but it gave way to action and melodrama instead. I do like Shane's reflection in the window of the building before walkers came crashing through, but more could have made of it.

To be on topic, the main survival thing I learned from the past few episodes is: learn to interrogate people. The Walking Dead, like The Island, subscribes to the "hit them until they talk" school of thought. As one FBI agent says, if that's what you do, it's hard to trust the information they give you (they may just be making up what you want to hear to stop the torture), but people do it because it's easier to hit someone than to outsmart someone. I guess I'll put it up there with learning to ride a llama in case I find myself retreating to the Andes after a nuclear holocaust.

Spoilers below:

So what's the deal? Some people are already infected while living, but they do not exhibit symptoms until they are killed by something else?

Glen needs to get it on with Maggie more often. She's your woman, so be her man! It's gotten to the point where I'm wondering whether the producers or the audience might be uncomfortable seeing regular gestures of intimacy in an interracial romance.

Poor Dale. I didn't think they'd get rid of him since he's one of the better developed characters, and he has a certain tension/relationship with two other characters.

Guess they'll get a chance to put all those guns to use, hunh?

Edited by Bingley (03/12/12 11:19 AM)