This is a medium hawk smaller than normal size and I cut the handle down to about 15" so it's pretty light. Almost too light for cutting a large amount of firewood. But it has so many other uses that I find it well worth carrying on weekend or extended stays in the woods.

I've been really impressed with ther gerber profile. It's 23 dollar knife. So easily replaceable if lost or broken. This is actually a brand new one I just bought. For the simple fact that I'm designing a sheath to put in production for people. Since the factory sheath is garbage and quite useless..

But I've carried the gerber for about 12 years now that is identical. (bought the new one to make sure the design hasn't changed when I put the sheath on the market.

I'm really digging the new ontario large bowie. It's a full 1/4" thick which makes it a bit heavy. But with that weight it cuts deep on a single blow when chopping. And with being so thick. Makes for splitting or batoning wood quick simple work.

I carried a black jack bowie of the same size for years. And it has finally seen enough use. So I bought this one this year to replace it. As blackjack has gone out of business. And I couldn't find the same bowie again.