Originally Posted By: bigmbogo
Thanks for the ideas.

I doubt I will be installing any permanent cargo boxes. This is still my daily driver. Even if I did, I'd still need to figure out what to anchor it to.

I like the wire mesh cage idea, like in a cop car. But it would need to be removable so I could still bet to the third row seat, or put a piece of lumber in lengthwise, etc.

I think the main challenge will be to install anchors, and after that, the actual cage/net can be added. I am going to poke around to see what sort of anchor points there may be under the floor. I figure a seatbelt is anchored with a simple big bolt, so there is a way to do it.

I do have six small anchors on the floor back there, but I can't tell how solidly they are attached. I'm guessing not very. I'll try to get a look at how they are mounted. Maybe I'll be surprised.

Keep any additional ideas coming! Thanks!

David

Decent anchors can be had cheap - using Grade 8 nuts and bolts, and using some steel plate on the underside to help distribute the load. I'd recommend eyelets or D-loops.

I'm pretty sure that most of the "floor" of cars is some sort of polymer-plastic-non metal material. So even if you have a phenomenally strong anchor point, the actual floor might fail first.

Getting some decent rachet-straps to hold cargo would be good too. As an example:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-...p;storeId=10051