Through the years I've collected a fair number of compass brands and models. I can speak about those I have experience with.

My preferred compass is a good plastic baseplate version with adjustable declination. Specifically, my preferred models are the Suunto M-3 and the Brunton TDCL, though I like the Brunton 9020G as a nice pocketable compass.

As for keychain compasses ... I've had several of the Suunto models - I liked the one with the rotating bezel, but none lasted for very long. I suspect that the key/pocket environment is pretty hard on them.

These days I rely on a decent "real" compass when in the field, and either a GPS or my Android phone other times. I know they both would require calibration to be accurate, but that is pretty darn easy to do.

Looking at Brunton's web site it looks like they are coming out with a new line of updated O.S.S. compasses based upon their circle over circle system like on the Eclipse compasses. I have an Eclipse and like it A LOT, but its durability has not been too good (bubbles). If they've resolved that, then those could be nice compasses.