Originally Posted By: Andy
Originally Posted By: Dagny
So with your merry gang of a dozen or so trying to survive the zombie onslaught, what's your ideal convoy vehicles?

While the character discussions here are great there was this earlier question put forth. My response: one of these.

Fuel may be more readily found in the tanks of abandoned big rigs, construction equipment, etc. than gasoline. Plus you could start making biodiesel.

I'm a little surprised that finding weapons seemed difficult. They should be littering the highways as the armed living run out of ammo and become zombie meals. Do persons without ammo become MRE's for zombies? (man-ready-to-eat)

Wonder if .22LR is an effective caliber for zombie dispatching? Could carry lots more rounds and probably easier to find at the local Walmart. Hit men have been using .22's for years.

Could all the food stores, distribution hubs, etc. be out of food a month into the event if the population that's not eating each other is rapidly diminishing?

Anyway, interesting take on the zombie metaphor.

Provided it can be fueled, that could indeed be the ultimate ZSV (Zombie Survival Vehicle) - very nice find! Those zombies would be hardly noticeable under that tire tread.

Agree on the weapon scarcity. Makes no sense, especially in the southeastern U.S. And truth be told, early in the zombie emergence, between the gang bangers and NRA members -- the Southeast should have been a Zombie-Free Zone pretty quickly.

Especially if .22 caliber bullets are zombie-killers.

But the law-abiding gun owners may have been stymied because the legislature never got around to making it legal to kill a zombie. By the time a legislator introduced the Zombies Aren't People Act, there was no longer a quorum of un-dead to enact it.

Plus the social stigma that probably lingered against shooting things that used to be people, perhaps could be people again or may simply be misunderstood people with grievances and bad skin.

Food warehouse: You'd think there might be a lot of Vienna sausages and SPAM left. Pretty sure I'd lose my appetite for meat soon after the zombie outbreak.