Originally Posted By: Bingley
<snip> In Jonathan Haidt's very interesting book on moral psychology called The Happiness Hypothesis, he suggests that conservatives tend to be oriented more towards the good of the group they belong to (e.g., family, country), while liberals tend to be concerned with the good of all (i.e., beyond their immediate group)..

Not to hijack this thread, but that's the best definition of librals and conservatives I've heard.

Originally Posted By: Denis
<snip>

Shane on the other hand is positioning the group to get back on the road and delve further into a Mad Max lifestyle. It's certainly not how I'd want to live but it should be interesting to watch.

I don't think we can ever expect "good" decisions from the group because truly good decisions would result in less action and less drama. The people making good decisions in this world are sitting around playing cards, working their little gardens and living off their preps in relatively safe locations.

I'm not entirely sure that bugging in is the best way to deal with the George Romero type zombies. I think it's all dependent on if they "flock" together (Dawn of he dead), in which case you are going to get besieged if you stay put, or you're dealing with individuals (Survival of the dead).

Getting back to the show, I made it up to about the middle of the second season (save the last one) before I gave up. The drama was getting in the way of the plot.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane