Originally Posted By: Bingley
I like the show, too. I watched the first season, but can't find the second season online. Where do you get the streaming from? The AMC site doesn't seem to do that.

Not sure how useful the show is for actual survival knowledge. Probably no more useful than the Island. For example, I don't expect to be able to get into the CDC that easily if anything happens, or to have an unexpectedly heartwarming confrontation with nurses/janitors posing as gangsters to protect old patients.

The Walking Dead did make me want to get a crossbow.

Amazon.com has The Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2 (first half of the season 2) available for streaming for $1.99 per episode ($2.99 for Hi-def). That's how I watched Season 2.

I bought the Season 1 DVDs for $15 a couple weeks ago. I just now checked and those are now selling for $9.99 So I just now bought two sets to give to friends. Haven't decided which friends, don't know that any are receptive to zombie entertainment. But then again, neither was I.

Ditto on the crossbow.

By the way, the extra features alone on the Season 1 DVDs are worth the $10 -- lots and lots of background "featurettes" - including for each episode. The how-to on making a zombie via makeup is going to make it easier for me to watch those scenes.

Survival knowledge dividend of The Walking Dead:

I'm not seeing one, unless a zombie virus actually does emerge one day. In which case, you gotta pierce the brain....

The 1977 Winnebego seems like a nice piece of zombie survival gear -- especially the rooftop observation deck.