Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
Originally Posted By: Lono
You folks all prepare like you have never slept in your office, for work I mean. I'm not sure who to pity. My office is more like my dorm room, I sleep there less and less these days but I do so much business on South African or Moscow or Kalcotta time zones, and acquisitions etc, its already fit out as if I need to stay there over night, or longer if necessary.

Our new office is definitely not set up like that.

Mine either Chaos. We've got the bare necessities here, and even less than that. No couches, no stove, not even a first aid kit when I started. (We've got a good one now.) We've got a fridge/freezer, a microwave, an electric kettle, some warehouse shelving and a coat rack. I don't even have drawers in my desk. There are a few drawers elsewhere that I can sneak some stuff into but I'm mostly religated to a backpack under my desk, the top of my CPU and my desk top, a small set of drawers in the ladies room, fridge/freezer and a bit of space under the kitchen sink.

I think I've got the edge over you in terms of being without much corporate red tape or social BS and being able to keep a backpack under my desk and a jacket on my chair without any worries.

A single drawer would be tough for me. (I'm a chronic overpacker.) Check the second hand stores for used things like sleeping bag liners, thermals, etc. You can often find great deals there.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA