Originally Posted By: Susan
And since wolves never attack people, you don't have to worry about the bears, either.

Candice was killed in early March, during the winter while the bears were hibernating. According to her blog, this was something she was intentional about; she wrote: "I took advantage of the bears being in hibernation to go for a few long runs."

It seems to me she was doing something she loved in the outdoors, something most of us can relate to, and rather than being ignorant of the risks, the evidence indicates quite the opposite - that she was aware of the risks and managed them in a reasonable fashion.

Are there things we can learn from this, ways we can see in retrospect that she could have handled things differently which would have led to a better result? Perhaps. But I see nothing in the evidence to suggest the level of outright incompetence and foolishness that has been suggested of her by some here, yourself included.