I guess I should provide some sort of update smile.

After having spent several nights in this tent I am very satisfied with my purchase.

So far I've used it with my kids in a couple car camping sites, a backpacking trip into Elk Lakes Provincial Park (BC) and on a somewhat brisk Scout camp this past weekend.

The car camping was no problem size-wise, even sharing with a kid; I went on separate one-on-one weekend trips with my son and daughter. We kept most the gear in the truck anyway so space really wasn't an issue.

The weekend my daughter and I were out we saw a fair bit of rain and didn't have any problem staying dry. Though I did find that how you attach the fly can effect how much clearance there is between the fly & inner tent at the ends; the first morning we had a contact point where the inner tent and fly touched and let a little moisture through, but re-jigging things seemed to address that. Everything had loosened up quite a bit when everything got wet for the first time too which was also a likely contributed factor.

Honestly, I didn't have any complaints about backpacking with it either. It turns out me and my buddy shared the tent and there was enough room for us to both sleep toe-to-head comfortably and the vestibules were sufficient for us to keep our packs under.

Here it is at Lower Elk lake:

I found it easier to pack when you ditch the bag it comes with. I had a spare OR compression sack that the tent fits nicely into; I then pack the tent separate from the poles which seems to work well.

This past Scout camp was the first time I've had the opportunity to use it solo and the extra room was nice. Basically the difference was it gave me the ability to keep all my gear inside with me and provided more elbow room. I definitely wouldn't consider it too much tent for once person.

Our first night got down to around -12 C but we had no snow, the second night was much warmer but the winds really kicked up overnight and into the morning. The nice thing about this tent in the cooler weather is I didn't notice any breezes or drafts that I've experienced with more traditional 3 season tents (i.e., those with mesh side panels that can't be covered up).

Finally, it's a minor thing but I'm not crazy about the pegs it came with. That said they've proved themselves to be quite strong and I haven't damaged one yet (this is from a guy who hasn't failed to damage a peg for my big tent on a trip yet, no matter which type I seem to use). I just don't like how they vibrate and flex when you are driving them in. I much prefer the MEC Millennium pegs I picked up which are square aluminium and feel much more solid. Oh, and one minor beef I did have was the tent only came with 12 pegs and to fully peg down & guy out requires 14.

Here you can see the difference between the pegs along with the repair material the tent came with:

All in all its turned out to be a good purchase.