Thanks everyone

Quote:
Interesting. A couple questions if you will indulge me.

Does your job have some criteria for your performance that are being adversely affected by jerks?

Are your job duties and specific daily assignments in writing?

#1 No
#2 No

Actually , I used to have the baddest, meanest attitude before where I could tell anyone $%^$## and leave .. I threw out a big boss from my office when he he tried to take some of our equipment, and threw my gloves in the face of my former boss when he came from his ivory tower and told us to change the way we do things to a way that we knew to be wrong. I threw the gloves and asked him to do it himself.

However, I am now near 60 and want to live peacefully. I promised myself to just do my job and go home , no matter what they decided . I would do it their way and &%^$%^$#^% whatever happens. It's their money, their problem, and my salary would be the same.

In addition. I like this job because it is flexible. I can finish manual work, then take the rest ( computer work, writing reports ..etc. ) to my home where I attend to my family needs and then find a peaceful time to do the computer work.

Theoretically, the way it should have been done is to list all work to be done and divide it among us for the whole week. A few days later, each of us send a report to the boss. I like it, but it doesn't go like that. One jerk messes up the priority list , and another jerk distracts me from what I am doing. I have thought of shifting gears and &%^%&^% ing both jerks but I really cannot take it anymore ( I mean I cannot take plowing through life with a mean attitude , I prefer kindness and friendly relationships)

There is another jerk in the department, but luckily our boss is dealing with him , and if he becomes our direct boss, life will become a survival situation. Already three employees have resigned because they couldn't work under his supervision. I can smash him if he pisses me enough, but I am too tired to fight anymore.