Originally Posted By: ireckon
Originally Posted By: Montanero
Thanks all. I have seen that article, but talking to people who live and work in the environment is worth much more.

OK...I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. All due respect to everybody here, I welcome personal stories. However, if I had to decide, I'd have more trust in my common sense and my clear understanding of the law.

Yes I read the laws and gained a good understanding myself, but what I was looking for was how it is actually enforced. As you will find if you dig into it, many of the local police are not quite sure of the legal size limit. Some cities will really look for such things while others will only care if you are arrested or searched for some other reason. There is also the issue of security at individual locations, like in Washington DC, where entering many buildings is like going through airport security. These things are not in the legal codes and can only be gathered from your experience or that of others. I do not plan on any discovery learning experiences there.