Originally Posted By: NuggetHoarder
I would add that you should carry a couple recent electric bills with you with your name and address. It's not enough to have just a driver's license. There are circumstances where you could encounter roadblocks into your neighborhood and you don't want to hand out your driver's license to a soldier or other non-policeman if you don't have to. Much better to try to use an electric bill first and keep your license in your pocket.

It seems like carrying some sort of utility bill or bank statement might be a good idea in case your driver's license is not enough to prove your identity for whatever purpose, but it's hard for me to imagine how this would help you out at the roadblock.

Assume the roadblock is run by soldiers, police auxiliaries, etc. Not showing your license to begin with might make you look suspicious, and they'll ask, "Do you not have your license on you? Is that why you handed me this bill? Have you forfeited your license, sir? Please step out of the vehicle."

Assume the roadblock is run by robbers. You're better off just backing up and driving away. It's a little hard for me to see how your electric bill would help you. Maybe I'm missing something here...

Da Bing