Originally Posted By: Mark_R
Getting back to the original topic, it's nice to see the broom mob instead of the vigelante mobs.

I guess, but these rioters declared war. The response here is a peaceful sweep up. In the long run, a more effective response is to hit the bully (rioters) square in the mouth. Else, the bully has his way whenever he wants. Also, the rioters targeted the wrong people! The anger, frustration or general rage should be directed toward the powers that be, rather their own.

As a practical matter, there should be a comprehensive approach that enables the homeowners and store owners to squash the nonsense. The homeowners and store owners should be allowed (and encouraged) to deploy an ample supply of non-lethal weapons (e.g., bear spray in large amounts) to quell rioters. The innocent should also be fitted with appropriate riot gear (e.g., gas masks) so they aren't affected. Of course, the rioters could wear their own gas masks. However, the government should then pass a law that prohibits a person from strolling around in public with full riot gear.

I'm just tossing around ideas. I don't like the idea of criminals knowing there will be a peaceful response every time their mob sets fire to my home or business.