Originally Posted By: sheldon
Say the accuracy isn't an issue at all, you are a good shot, you hold well under stress and you know you probably will hit exactly where you aim. Even in this case, I don't think you are obligated to aim for the head or even the torso. You may choose to aim for arms or legs if you wanted to give the attacker one more chance to stop.

Accuracy under stress is always an issue, unless, perhaps, you're a special forces operator.

But let's follow your hypothesis and say that a Genie granted my wish to always hit exactly what I'm trying to shoot at. In a deadly force confrontation, there is an attacker who is going to kill or seriously injure me or my loved ones if I don't stop him. You better believe that if (God forbid) I'm ever in that position, I'm going to try to stop the threat as quickly as possible.

I respectfully submit that anyone who isn't ready to do that should not own firearms for self defense.

We should get back onto topic. I will be pleased to continue this conversation in a new thread or via PM if you prefer.